Sunday, January 23, 2011

Theology of guesthouse management reprised

It's always nice to find someone else saying the same things as oneself. I note that Independent columnist Christina Patterson wrote in yesterday's paper on the case of Cornwall guest house owners Peter and Hazelmary Bull:

if you have very strong feelings about other people's sexual behaviour, then you should probably choose a business that doesn't focus quite so heavily on beds.

This is pleasingly in line with my conclusion that

If Mr and Mrs Bull regard their guest house as an articulation of their theological outlook, rather than a service for which people pay money, then perhaps they are in the wrong trade.


Unfortunately, I very rarely read the Independent and only did so yesterday because friends I was visiting had a copy. So I know very little about Christina Patterson and whether or not it's a good thing to find oneself in agreement with her.

No comments: