Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Good intentions

Here is my second go at blogging. The first disintegrated in the excitement of general election campaigning last year. It doesn't help that I'm not very good at getting into a routine of writing every day. I've never kept a diary or journal and when I do write it tends to be in bursts when deadlines loom large.

But I enjoy reading blogs, with the occasional thought that I could do this too – so here goes. I hope to deal with some of my interests from Lib Dem politics to music, rugby and my campaign to abolish the apostrophe. Let's see how this one goes.

A word about the title – 'Eaten by missionaries'. I imagine most who find their way to this blog will be familiar with the quotation from Rev. Spooner. Although not quite a conventional Spoonerism, it is perhaps the funniest of his entries in the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations.

It also captures unintentionally a greater truth about the way sometimes the most terrible acts are committed by people who have only the best of intentions – something that Liberals such as myself do well to remember!

No comments: